Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Strategic Planning

Unusually crowded days require strategic planning. A doctor's appointment followed by the need to meet a repairman followed by another appointment recently threatened my sanity and my ability to be on time for everything. To keep from missing the middle appointment, I purposely arrived at the first appointment thirty minutes early hoping that I could get in and out quickly. It worked! I was actually finished with my appointment before the appointment was even scheduled. That made it possible for me to be on time for the next meeting which made the entire day go smoothly. It doesn't work that way all the time, but it certainly would not have worked if I had not made a plan and followed it.

Strategic planning helps us in our walk with Christ as well. Leaving things to chance leaves gaps and huge holes in our understanding of God and keeps us from developing the faith we need to face life. By developing a plan and following it we can become stronger Christians and be better prepared to overcome whatever obstacles we face. Our plan may be as simple as reading the Bible every day or as complex as pursuing a degree in theology. Here is the good news: your plan will produce positive results and will help you grow stronger if you trust God to help you develop it and then put it into practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment