Friday, November 20, 2009

Questions and Answers

We just returned home from a trip to see our grandsons and their parents. Our trip there left me with some questions: Did I have to pay extra for my luggage because it went to a different city than I did? Why couldn't the airport post the correct gate information when flights change gates? Was it really necessary for us to miss our connecting flight in Atlanta just so we could have time for lunch? Isn't there a better time to deliver lost luggage than midnight?

As important as my travel questions are, they aren't nearly as important as some of these questions that people face everyday. Why did I do such a stupid thing when I knew it was wrong? Is any habit really worth placing my relationship with God at risk? Am I really happy when I am out-of-step with God? Can God ever forgive what I've done? Why am I alive? Where do I want to spend eternity? Is there any real reason why I cannot choose to live for God right now?

Let me try to answer the questions that deal with life. We usually do stupid things because we are trusting ourselves instead of leaning on God. No habit is worth risking a positive relationship with God. No one is ever truly happy as long as he or she is out-of-step with God. God can and will forgive anything we confess to Him. We are alive for two reasons: to prepare for eternity and to share God's love with others. Hopefully, you want to spend eternity with God. Surely there is nothing legitimate that can keep you from choosing to live for God.

Now, will you answer my travel questions? I can't seem to come up with any good answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment