Wednesday, November 4, 2009

God Builds His Church

After enjoying an unusual visitation by the Holy Spirit in our services on Sunday, I was intrigued when I picked up the Bible for my devotions the next day. The verse that caught my attention was this one found in Psalm 127:1 (NLT) Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted. I was also reminded that Jesus said in Matthew 16:18 (NLT) ...upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.

Far too often we are so consumed with trying to "make the church grow" that we forget that it is God who builds the church. We must let Him do His work. Sure we do our best planning, but then we must place the church in God's hands so He can build it as He alone can. When He is in full control, the church is better equipped to fulfill it mission and becomes stronger in the process. It is exciting to watch as God builds His church!

No comments:

Post a Comment